Date & Time
Maximum Qualifying Hours
The 45th Annual General Meeting will be held on 26 March 2021, Friday @ 4.30pm.
Members will have the option to attend in-person or virtually.
A maximum of two CPD hour can be claimed for attending the AGM (either physically or by zoom).
Venue: 10 Anson Rd, #31-06 International Plaza, Singapore 079903 (In-person)
Given the COVID-19 situation, this year's AGM will follow the minimum requirements imposed by the SAS Constitution.
Due to the prevailing safe management measures, a maximum of 40 attendees may attend in-person.
Registration to the in-person event will be on a first-come-first-served basis and will close once the maximum number of attendees have registered, but with a preference for voting members.
4.30pm Registration and arrival of guests
4.50pm Annual General Meeting commences
7.00pm AGM Ends
AGENDA FOR AGM
- Confirm the minutes of the 44th Annual General Meeting held on March 27, 2020
- Matters arising from the minutes of the 44th Annual General Meeting
- Receive the President’s Report
- Receive the Honorary Secretary's Report
- Receive and approve the audited Statement of Accounts for the year ended December 31, 2020
- Elect the Council to serve for the period 2021-22
- Elect two Honorary Auditors for the period 2021-22
- Approve the proposed constitutional amendments
- Consider any other matters not included in this Notice, of which 14 days' notice must be given in writing to the Honorary Secretary (email@example.com)
In line with the Constitution, where no quorum has been reached within 30 minutes of the start of the AGM, the meeting will proceed, except that no amendments to the Constitution can be made.
- We would like to also request to all members, that if you are feeling unwell, to please refrain from attending the meeting in-person. Refreshments will not be served at the AGM.
- Given that Constitution changes will be voted on, we will be giving priority for in-person attendance to voting members.
It is intended to make significant changes to the Constitution and a Membership Consultation meeting was held recently to discuss the changes and receive feedback. As such, all those attending the AGM are expected to have read the proposed new Constitution beforehand, and time will not be spent going through the details again. There will be an opportunity for questions.
Here are the main changes since the version sent prior to the Membership Consultation meeting:
- Article 1. Name and Registration - we added that SAS is “registered with the Registrar of Societies of Singapore”
- Article 5.3. Members Obligations - includes must and may
- Article 5.4. Good Standing - has “Not knowingly involved (other than as a victim) in any other matter which might bring the Society into disrepute” added so that we can get rid of “necessarily but not sufficiently”
- Article 6. General Meetings Proceedings at meetings - Votes are defined as excluding abstentions and invalid votes
- Article 7. Council - has a new clause: “The number of Co-Opted Members shall not exceed the number of Elected Members”
- Article 8. Audit - has now External Auditor appointed at AGM by vote
- Article 10. Prohibitions - has NMP authorized under Political Activities
In-person attendees – live voting (register below)
Virtual attendees – registration & submission of eproxy form (Virtual attendees will not be allowed to vote at the AGM and must ensure their proxies have registered to attend in person)
Appendix B Statement of Accounts for YE2020
Appendix D E-proxy form (for virtual attendees or non-attending members)
Appendix E 2021 SAS Constitution
Appendix F 2021 SAS Constitution Amendments