Date & Time
Maximum Qualifying Hours
9th March 2018
Singapore Actuarial Society
42nd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
PRECEEDED by an AFTERNOON FORUM (a separate notice has been issued)
AND FOLLOWED by ANNUAL DINNER
FORUM/AGM/ANNUAL DINNER at Grand Corpthorne Waterfront Singapore, Level 2 Waterfront Ballroom 3, 392 Havelock Rd, Singapore 169663
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 42nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the Annual Dinner of the Singapore Actuarial Society will be held as follows:
Friday, 23rd March 2018
4:00pm Registration opens
4:30pm Forum starts and ends at 6:00pm
7:00pm Cocktail & Networking
8:00pm Annual Dinner commences
10:30pm Home Sweet Home
AGENDA FOR AGM
- To confirm the minutes of the 41st Annual General Meeting held on 24th March 2017.
- Matters arising from the minutes of the 41st Annual General Meeting.
- To receive the Honorary Secretary's Report.
- To receive and approve the audited Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31st December 2017.
- To receive external auditor’s Report.
- To elect the Council to serve for the period 2018/2019.
- To elect two Honorary Auditors for the period 2018/2019.
- To discuss and vote on changes to SAS Constitution.
- To consider any other matters not included in this Notice, of which 14 days' notice must be given in writing to the Honorary Secretary.
Nominations for Council and Voting Rights
A copy of the Nomination Form for the election of Council members is attached. If you wish to make nominations for any of the Council positions, please complete this form and return it to Patsy Lau prior to the start of the AGM (a scanned will be accepted but the original must be brought to the AGM).
Kindly note that only:
- Only Fellows of the Society are eligible for election as President and Vice-President of the Society.
- Fellows and Associates are eligible for election to Council in all other positions.
- Fellows and Associates of the Society are entitled to make nominations.
- Fellows and Associates of the Society are entitled to vote.
- Ordinary, Affiliate and Student members are welcome to attend the AGM and participate in the discussions, but they are not entitled to vote.
SAS members, please login with your username.
Attendance at the AGM and Annual Dinner
We enclose a copy of the Confirmation Form for the AGM and Annual Dinner. If you are attending the AGM and/or the Annual Dinner, please complete this form and return it to Patsy Lau together with payment for the Dinner, if any, by 23rd March 2018. Members and full-time Students who can confirm the Annual Dinner attendance before Friday (16th March 2018) can enjoy the Early Bird Rates.
If you are unable to make payment for the Dinner prior to the event, you may bring it to the AGM itself and make payment at the registration counter.
SAS members, please login with your username for the reduced prices!
2018 Dinner Fees -
Categories ^ Early Bird Fees Standard Fees
16th March 2018 & Before After 16th March 2018
SAS Student Member S$ 20 S$ 30
SAS paid-up Member S$ 30 S$ 40
Non-member / Guest S$ 50 S$ 60
Full-time Students* S$ 30 S$ 40
* Full-time university student with valid student identification
^ All SAS volunteers are free of charge for the Annual Dinner
You are encouraged to register early with prompt payment to guarantee a seat for the Annual Dinner. Seating will be assigned on a “first paid first served” basis.
a) The reduced prices apply only to fully paid-up members. If you have yet to pay your subscriptions for 2018, you will need to settle the payment at the AGM or the Annual Dinner to be entitled to the discounted fees.
b) If you have registered for the Annual Dinner but unable to attend, you are still required to pay for the fee. You may, however, transfer your place to another Member.
We look forward to meet with you at the forums, AGM and the Annual Dinner.
Thank you for your attention.
Honorary Secretary 2017/2018