Date & Time
Maximum Qualifying Hours
14th March 2019
Singapore Actuarial Society
43rd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – NOTICE
PRECEDED by an AFTERNOON FORUM (a separate circular has been issued) and
FOLLOWED by ANNUAL DINNER
FORUM / AGM / ANNUAL DINNER at
Oasia Hotel Downtown Level 12, Retreat 1 & 2
100 Peck Seah Street, Singapore 079333
Friday, 29 MARCH 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 43rd Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the Annual Dinner of the Singapore Actuarial Society will be held as follows:
Date: Friday, 29th March 2019
Timings: 2.30pm Setup and registration
3.00pm Afternoon Forum
4.30pm Refreshments before AGM
5.30pm Proceed to Level 27, OSO restaurant
6.00pm Cocktail and networking
6.30pm Annual dinner commences
8.00pm Guests Adjourn to Al-fresco by the Pool: Buffet-style desserts
8.15pm Certificate presentation (estimate timing)
10.30pm Home Sweet Home
AGENDA FOR AGM
- To confirm the minutes of the 42nd Annual General Meeting held on 23rd March 2018.
- Matters arising from the minutes of the 42nd Annual General Meeting.
- To receive the Honorary Secretary's Report.
- To receive and approve the audited Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31st December 2018.
- To receive external auditor’s Report.
- To elect the Council to serve for the period 2019/2020.
- To elect two Honorary Auditors for the period 2019/2020.
- To discuss AGN G02 Actuarial Guidance Notes for Actuaries Investigating Policy Liabilities Relating to General Insurance Business (1st July 2018).
- To consider any other matters not included in this Notice, of which 14 days' notice must be given in writing to the Honorary Secretary.
Nominations for Council and Voting Rights
A copy of the Nomination Form for the election of Council members is attached (click here). If you wish to make nominations for any of the Council positions, please complete this form and return it Patsy Lau prior to the start of the AGM (a scanned copy will be accepted but the original must be brought to the AGM).
Kindly note that ONLY:
- Fellows of the Society are eligible for election as President and Vice-President of the Society.
- Fellows and Associates of the Society are eligible for election to Council in all other positions.
- Fellows and Associates of the Society are entitled to make nominations.
- Fellows and Associates of the Society are entitled to vote.
Ordinary, Affiliate and Student members of the Society are welcome to attend the AGM and participate in the discussions, but they are not entitled to vote.
REGISTRATION for ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING and DINNER (Not Forum)
SAS members, please login with your username.
SAS members, please login with your username for the reduced prices!
2019 Dinner Fees -
S$ 70 SAS Student Member
S$ 90 SAS Paid-up Member
S$130 Non-member / Guest
$$ 90 Full-time Student*
* Full-time university student with valid student identification
You are encouraged to register early with prompt payment to guarantee a seat for the Annual Dinner. Seating will be assigned on a “first paid first served” basis.
a) The reduced prices apply only to fully paid-up members. If you have yet to pay your subscriptions for 2019, you will need to settle the payment at the AGM or the Annual Dinner to be entitled to the discounted fees.
b) If you have registered for the Annual Dinner but unable to attend, you are still required to pay for the fee. You may, however, transfer your place to another Member.
If you are a Fellow or an Associate and unable to attend the AGM, you may appoint another Fellow or Associate as your proxy to vote on your behalf. Please click on the link below to download the Proxy Form*. Please request your proxy to submit the form to Patsy Lau before the AGM commences.
We look forward to meeting with you at the Forum, AGM and the Annual Dinner.
Thank you for your attention.
Honorary Secretary 2018/2019
=== === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === ===
If you are driving, please note the parking charges is as follows:
$2.50 per half an hour before 5pm.
$20 per entry till 10pm.
$3 per entry after 5pm.
CORPORATE ROOM RATES for 2019