Date & Time
Maximum Qualifying Hours
27th February 2019
Singapore Actuarial Society
43rd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – FIRST NOTICE
PRECEDED by an AFTERNOON FORUM (a separate circular was emailed on 28th February) and
FOLLOWED by ANNUAL DINNER
FORUM / AGM / ANNUAL DINNER at
Oasia Hotel Downtown Level 12, Retreat 1 & 2
100 Peck Seah Street, Singapore 079333
Friday, 29 MARCH 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 43rd Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the Annual Dinner of the Singapore Actuarial Society will be held as follows:
Date: Friday, 29th March 2019
Timings: 2.30pm Setup and registration
3.00pm Afternoon Forum - An IFRS 17 engine for Actuaries
4.30pm Refreshments before AGM
4.30pm Annual General Meeting
5.30pm Proceed to Level 27, OSO restaurant
6.00pm Cocktail and networking
6.30pm Annual dinner commences
8.00pm Guests Adjourn to Al-fresco by the Pool: Buffet-style desserts
8.15pm Certificate presentation (estimate timing)
10.30pm Home Sweet Home
AGENDA FOR AGM
- To confirm the minutes of the 42nd Annual General Meeting held on 23rd March 2018.
- Matters arising from the minutes of the 42nd Annual General Meeting.
- To receive the Honorary Secretary's Report.
- To receive and approve the audited Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31st December 2018.
- To receive external auditor’s Report.
- To elect the Council to serve for the period 2019/2020.
- To elect two Honorary Auditors for the period 2019/2020.
- To consider any other matters not included in this Notice, of which 14 days' notice must be given in writing to the Honorary Secretary.
REGISTRATION for ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING and DINNER (Not Forum)
SAS members, please login with your username.
SAS members, please login with your username for the reduced prices!
2019 Dinner Fees -
Early Bird (8th March 2019 & Before)
S$40 SAS Student Member
S$40 SAS Paid-up Member
S$100 Non-member / Guest
S$40 Full-time Students*
Standard (After 8th March 2019)
S$70 SAS Student Member
S$90 SAS Paid-up Member
S$130 Non-member / Guest
S$90 Full-time Student*
* Full-time university student with valid student identification
^ All SAS volunteers can attend the Annual Dinner free of charge if they register before the Early Bird deadline. Thereafter, they will have to pay the Standard rate.
You are encouraged to register early with prompt payment to guarantee a seat for the Annual Dinner. Seating will be assigned on a “first paid first served” basis.
- The reduced fees apply only to fully paid-up members. If you have yet to pay your subscriptions for 2019, you will need to settle the payment at the AGM or the Annual Dinner to be entitled to the discounted fees.
- If you have registered for the Annual Dinner but unable to attend, you are still required to pay for the fee. You may, however, transfer your place to another Member.
We look forward to meeting with you at the Forum, AGM and the Annual Dinner.
Thank you for your attention.
For and on behalf
Honorary Secretary 2018/2019
=== === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === ===
If you are driving, please note the parking charges is as follows:
$2.50 per half an hour before 5pm.
$20 per entry till 10pm.
$3 per entry after 5pm.