Date & Time
Maximum Qualifying Hours
To register for COVID-19 General Insurance Landscape, click here
Since the beginning of 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in unprecedented impact across both social and financial aspects, creating uncertainty in our daily living and working lives, increasing market uncertainties and casting a volatile economic outlook globally. Ultimate impact on the insurance industry is still not fully known. This will vary by country and is highly dependent on government measures and medical advancements in the battle against the virus. Needless to say, there is an important role for insurers to play as part of the journey towards a sustainable new normal.
The COVID-19 Workgroup within the SAS has partnered with LIA and GIA to launch a survey to the insurance sector in Singapore in order to understand the perceived short- and long-term impacts COVID-19 could potentially bring to our industry.
Join us in this SAS afternoon forum where we will walk the audience through some of the key messages and sentiments as expressed by insurers. This will set the stage for an open discussion on how, as an industry and a profession, we can band together to better serve our customers, to tide through this difficult period together.
Our speakers: click here
About the Workgroup
The SAS COVID-19 Workgroup was formed in Q3 2020, comprising 10 passionate members who dedicated a significant portion of their outside-work time to advance the cause of the workgroup:
- Support the actuarial profession, our employers and our customers in the transition to the New Normal post-COVID-19.
- Provide insights that promote better understanding of COVID-19 and similar risks, boosting the position of actuaries in providing related advice.
- Facilitate product development and enhancement on the back of more informed balance between risk considerations and customer needs.
This sharing of the survey results mark the conclusion of Phase 1 of the workgroup's activities. Phase 2 activities will consist of detailed analysis of COVID-19 data from MOH and public databases, with a focus on implications to risk assessment and product development. Further sharing will be arranged in due course.
- Topic: COVID-19 Life Landscape
- Date: 9th June 2021 (Wednesday)
- Time: 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- CPD: 1 hour
- Platform: Zoom. Details will be shared after registration
- Fees: Free for SAS members. SGD 20 for non-members
- To register, complete the Online Registration Form below
SAS Members, please login with your username to register.
COVID-19 Life Landscape, 2:30pm to 3:30pm