Date & Time
Maximum Qualifying Hours
Preparing for your internship this summer? Worried about the skills required? We got your back!
The SAS ECC will be holding our second EXCEL@Work Excel Training Course. This course will guide you first-hand on the Excel skills we, working actuarial professionals, have found ourselves to be using day to day, and through relevant actuarial-related examples and hands-on practices. For students who are newer to Excel or simply wishing to brush up your skills, this course is perfect for you to pick up the essentials to excel in your internship and even at work. A certificate will be awarded at the end of the course for participants.
The course will be held over a series of five sessions:
|1||Fundamentals||10 May 2021 (Mon)|
|2||Basic Functions||12 May 2021 (Wed)|
|3||Advanced Functions||14 May 2021 (Fri)|
|4||Best Practices, Graphs and Pivot Table||17 May 2021 (Mon)|
|5||Basic VBA||19 May 2021 (Wed)|
Can I still participate if I am not an SAS member yet?
- Unfortunately, this course is only available to SAS members.
- However, students can easily sign up as a student member for an additional $30 student membership fee during the course sign up. In the course registration form, you would have to select “applying for student membership and will email my membership form to email@example.com”, the course fee will automatically be adjusted (i.e. $55 = $25 Course Fee + $30 SAS Student Membership Fee).
- Note that after the course registration, you MUST submit completed student application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can find the student application form here: https://www.actuaries.org.sg/application_for_membership
- This membership will be effective even as you transit to a working professional, and you get to enjoy all other membership benefits.
What are the conditions to earn the Certificate of Completion?
- Participants will need to attend 4 out of the 5 sessions and submit the required coursework at the end of the course by the deadline.
How will the session be conducted?
- The session will be conducted virtually by 3 professionals. We aim to keep the class size small to allow for more interaction, participation and guidance. The lecturers will incorporate various best practices and personal tips throughout the course.
We are excited for you to join us! Please do contact us via email or even over LinkedIn for more information:
- Glenn Tan (email@example.com; www.linkedin.com/in/glenntanyj/)
- Livia Rachmad (firstname.lastname@example.org; www.linkedin.com/in/livia-rachmad-a5548816b/)
- Danny Li (email@example.com; www.linkedin.com/in/li-danny-61a20/)
SAS Education and Career Committee
[ Register > Continue to review > Complete checkout > Your Order ID ]
Please complete all the 4 steps, you will receive an email confirmation for your registration.