Date & Time
Maximum Qualifying Hours
The Singapore Actuarial Society (SAS) will hold an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) on 8 Sep 2023 (Friday) to vote on whether SAS should submit a bid to host the 2029 International Congress of Actuaries (ICA).
Date/Time: 8 Sep 2023 (Friday), 4.30pm
Venue: Virtual (Zoom)
Note: Limited spaces (up to 8 pax) will be made available for members who wish to attend the EGM in-person at the SAS office at 1 Raffles Place, #02-01, One Raffles Place Mall, Singapore 048616
At least 25% of the total Voting Membership or 30 Voting Members of the Society (whichever is the lesser) will be required to constitute a quorum for a General Meeting.
Presence counted for quorum and voting can be virtual or by proxy.
If a proxy is appointed, the instrument appointing the proxy must be deposited with the Honorary Secretary before 8 Sep 2023, 10am.
Members attending virtually may either:
- Cast their proxy votes below (members are encouraged to cast their votes in this manner) OR
- Cast their votes live at the AGM (members should ensure ability to log into their profiles on the website prior to the meeting for a smoother voting process)
Members who are unable to attend, may submit their proxy vote below. Proxies must be submitted by 8 Sep 2023, 10am.
4.30pm | Extraordinary General Meeting Starts
5.30pm | End
AGENDA FOR EGM
- General Meeting Chair’s Welcome
- Presentation on the ICA 29 Bid (Presentation | Appendix)
- Consider any other matters not included in this Notice, of which 14 days' notice must be given in writing to the Honorary Secretary (email@example.com)
- In order to vote on the day, ensure that you are able to login to the SAS website with your credentials. For technical assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members attending virtually will be required to use their own mobile device if they wish to vote.
REGISTRATION CLOSES on 8 Sep 2023, 10am.