Date & Time
Maximum Qualifying Hours
The upcoming Singapore Actuarial Conference #SAC2022 will be held on 3 - 5 October 2022 as an in-person event.
About the Theme
ESG, is all the buzz these days, but how does it relate to actuaries?
For #SAC2022, we reimagined how ESG would look through the actuarial lens. This year's theme is "Economic Sustainable Governing Actuaries".
At the heart of everything actuaries do are the economic or commercial implications of our models.
How will changes such as IFRS 17, new interest rate environment and Covid-19 related disruptions impact insurers’ bottom lines?
Hear about the latest trends in insurance products, technological innovation and how it all fits with the macroeconomic trends.
Having a commercial mindset is a start, but any actions taken must be sustainable. The last few years have shown us just how volatile the real life manifestations of our models can be.
Macroeconomic indicators have been largely stable until recently, so what are the new long term directions?
In the face of disruption to our industry, how do we make sure that our products are still sustainable?
What do the increased longevity and costs whilst low market returns mean for society’s retirement options?
Sustainability is also becoming a more prominent theme outside of our field.
Find out what work actuaries have been doing in the field of sustainability and climate change modelling.
As always, the sustainability of our industry hinges on perfectly balanced governance. There are many ways actuaries have been contributing to the governance of the insurance industry - whether it’s through contribution to ever-evolving regulation and capital management, pioneering within the ERM field or bringing their skills to management positions.
Whilst the right approach to governing the industry amid the new challenges is uncertain, we are confident that there are plenty of insights to be gained from the array of actuaries.
Engage in discussions with your fellow actuaries at the #SAC2022!
Enjoy S$100 discount off EARLY BIRD conference pass! Sign up for your pass today to receive:
- Full access to 3 days of insightful plenary and breakout sessions
- Networking amongst fellow actuaries
- Lunches and tea breaks provided
- There will be no refund for confirmed and paid registrations.
- The Society reserves the right to cancel the event if conditions warrant. In the event of such cancellation, the registration fees will be refunded in full (after deducting all bank/PayPal administrative charges).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All registration fees are published in Singapore Dollars. Both local and international registrants are required to make payments in Singapore Dollars.
- Full payment of fees must be received 24 hours after registration. Attendees will only be allowed access to the conference upon receipt of full payment.
- Full payment of Early Bird fees must be received 24 hours after registration and before the end of the early bird period, failing which standard fees will apply.
- The event will be conducted in-person at Equarius Hotel @ Resorts World Sentosa, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269.
- The Society reserves the right to amend the Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Please note that while speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the Society may necessitate substitutions, alterations, or cancellations of the speakers and topics.
- Conference attendees must ensure that they comply with the prevailing health and vaccination requirements as issued by the relevant bodies. For further information, please visit MOH (https://www.moh.gov.sg/).
- Passes are non-transferrable.