Based in Singapore, Sompo Holdings Asia is the regional holding company for our Asia Pacific business entities, outside Japan, and is part of the Sompo Holdings group headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
With more than 70 years of trusted presence in Asia, our businesses spread across 14 markets with over 4,000 employees in the region.
We are now the Top 10 Largest Non-Life Insurance Companies in Indonesia and Malaysia; and we have forged strategic partnerships to access a wider network of resources and distribution to provide the best solutions for our customers.
For more information, please visit www.sompo-asia.com.
3 Internship Positions with the Analytics and the Actuarial teams
1. Claims Analytics
2. Commercial Lines Analytics
The interns will
• Gain hands-on experience in advanced analytics and reserving tools
• Handle large datasets including exposure to various data transformation methods
• Work with the regional team who between them support more than 10 countries
• Get involved in the meetings and discussions with experts and practitioners from a wider range of departments and markets
Who are we looking for?
• Studying Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or any other related quantitative fields
• High proficiency in excel
• Knowledge of statistical or analytical tools such as SAS, Tableau, VBA or Python will be an advantage
• Basic knowledge of insurance concepts
• Good communication skills and ability to learn on the job
- • Start date is flexible. Internship period is 2 to 3 months and extension is possible
- • Preferably Full time 5 days a week or Part time minimum 3 days a week
How to apply?
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (for the Claims Analytics and Commercial Lines Analytics internship) or email@example.com (for the Reserving internship) with your resume and subject line "ACF 2021 – Internship position that you are interested in”.