Actuarial modelling & analysis to ensure accurate & timely financial reporting as well as maximize value for the company.
The Actuarial Analyst will report to a Senior Actuarial Manager and will be responsible for actuarial modelling and analysis to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and maximize value for the company. This role will work closely with the Senior Managers on the team and will work directly with the Chief Actuary. This role allows for maximum exposure to leaders within the actuarial team and across business functions and has excellent career development opportunities for strong candidates. This is a unique opportunity to help build the Singapore presence for a new market entrant, with a track record of success in Asia. We offer a competitive benefit package and actuarial exam support.
- Actuarial modelling for local Singapore reserve and capital requirements in line with Sun Life & regulatory requirements.
- Production of actuarial reserve and capital calculations for required submissions to the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Actuarial modelling and analysis for any new product initiatives, especially as related to local Singapore requirements.
- Collaborate with other employees to build and enhance processes to ensure efficient workflows and a strong control environment.
- Conduct risk quantification and analysis and contribute to mitigation strategies and alternatives.
- Responsible for actuarial modelling related to business planning and financial planning and analysis to inform business decisions and facilitate strategic planning.
- Proactively support the successful establishment of the new entity as a key strategic initiative for Sun Life.
- Additional duties as may be required from time to time by Senior Management
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Life Insurance industry
- Actuarial exam progression with a recognized international actuarial body
- Strong technical skills and problem-solving ability
- Strong cross team collaboration skills
- Experience with Moody’s AXIS or an alternative actuarial modelling software is preferred
- Experience with Singapore RBC 2 requirements is preferred
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
We offer 5-day work, attractive salary, Pension, group life and group medical insurance; and excellent career development opportunities to the right candidate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Application forms and resume will be kept for a period of 24 months after completion of the recruitment process (All information will be held in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment purpose).
Apply here: Actuarial Analyst