Munich Re is one of the top providers of reinsurance, primary insurance, and insurance-related risk solutions in the world. A unique opportunity exists to be a part of that global success story.
The mission of this position is to assist in the AXIS modelling project related to pricing, valuation, experience study, solvency and planning issues. The AXIS model is used for internal and external reporting, monitoring the performance of the company, its ability to meet future obligations, and for capital and investment planning.
Reporting to the Head of Actuarial Modelling & Experience Studies you will work closely with other actuarial associates and actuaries in the Life & Health regional team, Singapore.
- Constructing product feature related tables in AXIS
- Ensuring appropriate assumptions including mortalities, lapses, interest rates and expenses for specific life health products
- Ensuring accuracy of cash flows for Business Projection, pricing, valuation, experience study and Embedded Value
- Maintaining and enhancing data control processes and systems used for financial reporting and experience study
- Providing assistance for financial reporting and experience analysis issues in an effective manner within the department as well as to other departments such as Valuation, Pricing, Terms of Trade, Marketing, Underwriting and Claims
- Exploring machine learning algorithms to assist with multivariate experience analysis
- University Degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Career associate or recent associate progressing towards attainment of fellowship with one of international actuarial organizations is desired. May also suit ambitious recent graduate.
- Strong Excel (incl. VBA), SQL skills are required; AXIS, Python, Power BI skills are desired
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Well-developed time management skills; ability to work independently while supporting the team work
- Exceptional communications skills (report writing and formal presentations)
- Basic knowledge of insurance/reinsurance products is preferable
- Ability to travel for business if needed (future potential requirement)
Apply here : Actuarial Analyst, Modelling & Experience Studies