This opportunity is based in our Singapore office and embedded in our Group Non-Life Reserving team.
As part of the Non-Life Reserving team you will participate in quarterly Reserving process for PartnerRe Group.
We are looking for someone who likes to work collaboratively across organizational and geographical boundaries, brings a high level of attention to detail, and is able to work independently as well as part of the team in a culture of continuous improvement.
Your primary role is within the regular reserving process, which includes:
- Quarterly reserve indications for assigned areas
- Estimate ultimate technical results by segment and underwriting year
- Related data management
- Booking and reconciliation of selected reserves
- Maintaining an appropriate documentation of processes and procedures
- Providing summary reports and management information
- Meeting obligations for required internal, US GAAP, and local accounting reporting and audits
Additionally, you will contribute to selected projects with the objective of continuous quality improvements.
It will be further expected that you:
- Contribute to the production of regulatory deliverables of Asian legal entities and to the IFRS 17 project
- Support the production of ceded losses relating to external retrocession programs on accident year basis
- Participate in assumption review analyses, which in addition to updating reserve parameters, should aim to provide value added insights to the business unit
- Work on projects designed to enhance our reserving infrastructure
- Prepare quarterly presentations to executive underwriting management and business unit leadership.
You have 3-5 years working experience in non-life reserving or pricing in the insurance or reinsurance field, or related actuarial experience. In addition, you have made significant progress in earning your actuarial accreditation.
To be successful in this role you further bring along:
- Strong communication skills and proficiency English
- High motivation, team-orientation and adaptability
- Strong IT and data management skills; knowledge of visual basic and Business Objects reporting, IFRS 17 and Power Query / Pivot would be an advantage.
PartnerRe is a leading global reinsurer that was established in 1993, in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew, to bring much-needed capacity to a market in crisis, helping insurers to provide continuity to their clients. Though we have evolved continuously throughout the years, our purpose remains the same: to help insurance companies succeed.
We are a global and culturally diverse team of more than 1,000 talented professionals spread across 20 locations. Our size ensures that we are big enough to matter and be relevant to our clients and brokers, but small enough that you will quickly get to know the colleagues that you will be collaborating with. More importantly, PartnerRe is a company where you can make a real impact and get a true sense of the contribution you make to the company′s success and results.
Our culture is based on trust, responsibility, openness, and initiative, and we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible reinsurance solutions for our clients. We are always looking for bright, proactive people with expert knowledge skills, and integrity to join our international teams.
Please contact Marianna Detering, Senior Recruiter at PartnerRe if you are interested in this role: Marianna.firstname.lastname@example.org