This is an unique position in our Life & Health Regional Structured Solutions team, providing an exciting and challenging role with a focus on structured reinsurance solutions. Being within the Life Asia Pacific unit will also expose the candidate to all the major insurance markets in the Asia Pacific region as well as India, the Middle East and Africa.
Monitoring and Infrastructure
- Extract the information from the treaties of the transactions which require monitoring (key dates, special rights, options and obligations)
- Liaise with the local offices, accounting colleagues to collect and consolidate monitoring information
- Build and continually develop the monitoring platforms for the portfolio of LH Structured Solutions
- Regularly provide liquidity projection to finance colleagues and exposure tracking to risk management
- Assess and provide analysis of the performance of all transactions in LH Structured Solutions portfolio
- Maintain and update the guidelines, standards, templates and frameworks for the team
- Regularly extract market information from Bloomberg for price benchmarking
- Review and provide guidance on the quarterly submissions from local offices for valuation purpose
- Validate and provide guidance for accounting colleagues on statement of accounts and other templates required in the treaties as needed
- Support in economic risk capital calculation for the new transactions and year-end valuation
- Engage closely with valuation team to make sure all the valuation metrics are reported correctly for all LH Structured Solutions transactions
- Our markets range from mature (e.g. Japan), to emerging (e.g. India, Vietnam), from ones where Structured Solutions transactions are standard (e.g. Japan, HK) to ones where the market is yet to open up (e.g. Korea). Markets are evolving and we support to develop ideas for Structured Solution.
- Each market is analysed in conjunction with the local office to determine possible Structured Solutions opportunities, and clients are segmented with a focus on the best potentials.
- You will provide support in deal structuring, pricing, approval and implementation as needed
- Good progress in actuarial examinations from a recognized professional actuarial body
- Up to 3 years of relevant experience in actuarial roles or data roles in the insurance industry
- Experience in Structured Solutions transactions is an advantage
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI is an advantage
- Strong experience and technical grounding with spreadsheets
Our business model is based on the combination of primary insurance and reinsurance under one roof. We take on risks worldwide of every type and complexity, and our experience, financial strength, efficiency and first-class service make us the first choice for all matters relating to risk. Our client relationships are built on trust and cooperation. If you would be interested in helping shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you.