Marsh is seeking candidates for the position of Actuarial Consultant to be based in Singapore office:
What can you expect?
- Work within the regional Marsh Risk Analytics team of 10-12 members mostly based in Singapore, reporting to the Head of Delivery & Propositions.
- Responsible for delivering client specific analytics solutions in support of risk finance decisions with the goal of positioning Marsh ahead of its competitors in this area.
- Interact with both regional and country segment and industry leaders and managers and the client executives across the 12 countries supported in the region
What is in it for you?
- Work on exciting projects, think out-of-the-box while applying actuarial techniques to deliver value to Marsh clients
- Be part of a reputable and recognized brand in the insurance broking and risk management industry by working with and learning from industry leading experts in the field.
- Financial support and mentorship from team members to progress through your actuarial qualification.
- Access to Employee Resource Groups that provide mentorship and development opportunities.
We will count on you to:
- Perform a variety of financial and statistical analysis to help Marsh’s clients quantify the risks they face and make decisions on how to structure their insurance.
- Provide suggestions to our client’s on how to optimize insurance cost and protect themselves against various risks.
- Have the ability to turn complex technical information into accessible information for a broad audience.
- Be curious; about the industry, the areas we have expertise in and bring this into the work you deliver in the form of ideas and new angles.
- Manage your time well, knowing your deadlines and how to prioritize and project manage including working on multiple initiatives.
- Progress on actuarial professional exams in this role as the skills and techniques acquired through the exams directly support client specific analytics work.
What you need to have:
A minimum 3-5 years in a general (re)insurance analytical/actuarial role, including:
- Experience building risk models – examples include traditional property and casualty risk modeling, reinsurance modeling, and non-traditional enterprise risk modeling
- Ability to prioritize and manage time between multiple projects
- Good knowledge of commercial insurance programs
- An analytical/statistical degree and making significant progress towards actuarial qualification
- Ability to translate results of data analysis into easy-to-understand recommendations for client risk decision-making
- Expert level of proficiency with MS Excel (including VBA)
What makes you stand out:
- Curiosity to explore analytics opportunities never done before and outside the box
- Logical reasoning to apply actuarial and non-actuarial knowledge to solve problems
- Ability to communicate actuarial and insurance results to a non-insurance audience
- Click here: Actuarial Consultant