This is an intern position within the finance function and will assist the actuarial (P&C valuation) team in preparing data and reports as part of the actuarial valuation and analysis process.
Candidates should be able to commit either part-time (3 working days/week) or full time for a period of at least 3 months and up to 6 months.
The actuarial (P&C) team is responsible for several key functions and operations that are crucial to the running of the company including: actuarial reserve calculations, Solvency Requirement calculations, financial projections, stress testing exercise and reinsurance calculations.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to obtained real hands-on actuarial experience within a dynamic working environment.
The intern will be responsible for assisting the team with:
- Preparing accurate data to calculate insurance actuarial reserves.
- Assisting the team in the internal and external reporting requirements, such as MAS RBC2, Solvency 2 reporting.
- Production of key experience analysis reports in a timely manner for internal stakeholders.
- Conducting UAT on system developments, such as IFRS 17 implementation and ongoing data improvements.
- Assisting in carrying out reinsurance reporting and billings.
- Providing suggestions and assistance to improve current reporting processes.
Capabilities and Qualifications:
- Currently studying or completed studies in an Actuarial Science-related university course (e.g., Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, Engineering and etc).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Power Point and Words.
- Possesses good attention to detail, interpersonal skills, reliability & conscientiousness.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Interested applicants should send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your availability in your application email.