Actuarial Services (Actuarial, Benefits and Insurance) Associate - 2023 Intake
A career within Actuarial Services will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
We are looking for Associates to fill our 2023 intake.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- You’ll be a part of an environment that broadens your functional training, personal and technical skills, and deepens your knowledge of client services.
- You’ll play an integral role supporting staff as needed for an outstanding variety of work and making contributions to the team on a daily basis.
- Final year Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related disciplines that possesses an analytical and quantitative component
- A self-driven learner with the ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and techniques such as proprietary actuarial software and cash flow models
- An appreciation for structured methodical research, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an understanding for the application of these skills in the business environment
- A natural curiosity to identify, investigate and explain trends and patterns in data
- An ability to analyse and break down complex concepts and technical findings into clear and simple language for communication to team members and clients
- Knowledge of any of the following will be an added advantage:
- programming (e.g. VBA, C++, Java, Python)
- an analytical software (e.g. R, SAS)
- To apply, click here.