A career at PwC is more than “just” a job. It’s about being part of a culture that is committed to making a difference for each other, our clients, and our community — by empowering you to be the best version of yourself and investing in your growth. You’ll be able to develop as a leader, be well-connected, work in a great environment, explore our benefits and make a positive contribution.
With PwC, you’ll ignite a meaningful career while being supported by a strong coaching and people-oriented culture, our Flex policies (Flex Space, Flex Dress and Flex Time), innovative learning and development programs (training programs, digital upscaling) as well as our secondment opportunities. If you would like to be involved in activities outside of work, you can join our Sports and Recreational Club, Toastmasters and more!
How will you value-add?
A career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, reinsurers, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves. Together we can build trust in society and solve important problems.
- Provide life insurance actuarial advisory service
- Seasonal audit support projects as necessary
- Lead a team of actuarial professionals to provide professional advice on life insurance projects
- Play a key role in preparing presentations, proposals, and actuarial reports
- Travel within the region may be necessary
- At least 6 years of actuarial experience in life insurance with an insurance firm, consulting firm or financial services organization
- Depth of experience in at least 2 core Actuarial areas in Life Insurance: Reserving, Pricing, ERM, Capital Modelling, Reinsurance, Regulatory Reporting (ORSA, FCR, ICAAP, IFRS17, RBC) etc
- In the process of attaining an internationally recognized actuarial qualification or a qualified actuary
- Excellent MS Office knowledge. Familiarity with one or more actuarial modelling software is desirable but not essential.
- Diligent self-starter, ability to work with ambiguity and to work independently
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in spoken and written English
- A team player and team leader who enjoys training a team of analysts
- Ability to see the "Big picture"
*Only shortlisted candidates will be notified due to the high number of applicants for this role.