The School of Economics (SOE) at Singapore Management University invites applications for the full-time non-tenurable position of Assistant Professor of Economics (Practice).SOE offers the Bachelor of Science (Economics) programme and, among its second majors, offers Actuarial Science as well as Data Science and Analytics.
Applicants should have a PhD degree in Actuarial Science or any other related disciplines such as Business, Economics, Finance, and Statistics with a concentration in actuarial science and with practical working experience in the insurance industry. Professional actuarial qualifications and working knowledge of computer languages, particularly R language, will be a plus. Candidates with suitable experience may also be considered for an Associate Professor of Economics (Practice) position.
An Assistant Professor of Economics(Practice) is expected, in particular, to:
- Deliver a total of six (6) sections of the undergraduate and/or postgraduate courses assigned by the Dean in consultation with the individual faculty member;
- Develop teaching and learning materials for the course curricula, including online material, videos, test banks, grading rubrics, adaptive learning tools, handouts, cases, and textbook, where appropriate;
- Conduct practice-oriented research;
- Provide guidance to students regarding the relevant course material, as well as general programme planning, course selection and related academic matters; and
- Provide service to the School, including participation in events, outreach activities and engagement with stakeholders.
Although the position is open until filled, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by 15 November 2021. The expected start date is 1 July 2022 or otherwise mutually agreed. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Apply here: please email the followings below, in PDF format to email@example.com (Attention: Ms Renee Chan)
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching interests and philosophy
- Teaching evaluations
- Samples of research papers and publications (if any)