General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc, is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide.
It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conducts business as Gen Re. Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries.
Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Your key responsibilities
• Conduct analysis and experience studies to support the development of best estimates and reference tools
• Provide results presentations to external clients and interpretation to internal stakeholders
• Provide support in portfolio monitoring, keep track of products development and work closely with other stakeholders
• Provide support to other projects related to data analytics as assigned from time to time
• Degree in Actuarial Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Data Science
• Fresh graduate to two years of working experience;
• Prior actuarial work experience or internship in the insurance industry or data analytics role would be advantageous
• Knowledge of RDBMS such as SQL is essential
• Knowledge of statistical software, such as R, Python or SAS and visualization tool such as Power BI would be advantageous
• Experience in handling large volumes of data
• High proficiency in written and spoken English
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently as well as a strong team player
Apply here: Data Analytics Associate