HSBC 2024 Singapore Off-cycle Student Work Placement Actuarial
Applications for our Singapore Off-cycle Student Work Placement Actuarial are open now.
Placement Period: 13 May 2024 onwards
Duration: 25 weeks with the option to be extended up to 35 weeks
Interviews: Commencing mid-January 2024
Work Arrangement: Full-time or Work-Study Arrangement (partnership with NTU Work Study Degree Programme / SMU Work Study Elective)
Applications open: 4 December 2023
Applications close: 29 February 2024 (As we recruit on a rolling basis, we highly encourage you to submit your application at the soonest possible.)
If you are looking for a shorter Actuarial placement for the upcoming Summer (May to July 2024), please click here to check out the roles and apply now through this link.
Opening up a world of opportunity
Around the world, growth is bringing new prosperity, businesses are pioneering new trade routes and new centres of wealth and influence are emerging. At HSBC, we’re inspired by the ways the world is changing for our business and for our customers. That’s why we’re looking to connect with the best and the brightest people from across the globe.
With so much to offer, we’re ideally placed to help you realise your ambitions.
Singapore Student Work Placement opportunities are available in our Actuarial teams. The team provides a suite of actuarial services for HSBC’s global businesses by assessing, measuring, and managing uncertain future events.
What You Will Experience
The Off-cycle Student Work Placement Actuarial provides you opportunities to gain in-depth knowledge and exposure in actuarial practices.
During this programme you will be placed in one of the following teams:
- Product Pricing Team: Custom pricing, customer analysis, product implementation, and system enhancement
- Local Valuation Reporting Team: Insurance contract liabilities valuation on Singapore Risk Based Capital (RBC) basis, experience analysis and monitoring
- IFRS17 Valuation Reporting Team: Insurance contract liabilities valuation on IFRS17 basis
You will be supported by our experts who are ready to pass on their knowledge and help you to understand the overall insurance operation, learn how to produce actuarial analysis, and develop a strong foundation akin to Actuarial professionals. Our global reach also means than you can expect to be part of a worldwide network, connecting and exchanging ideas with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Please refer HERE for the job descriptions.
Applicants need to reference the job codes when submitting applications.
- To be eligible for the programme, you must be a Year 2, 3 or 4 undergraduate student;
- Availability to work from 13 May 2024 for a duration of 25-35 weeks, either on a Full-time or Work-Study Arrangement (partnership with NTU Work Study Degree Programme / SMU Work-Study Elective)
- Candidates with Actuarial Science, Risk or Statistics specialization are preferred;
- Keen interest and intention in pursuing Actuarial as a career;
- Actively taking Actuarial exams / courses offered in the University;
- A strong sense of numbers and accuracy.
To apply, please submit your application in this page and indicate your preferred top three positions’ job code (e.g. SWPA003, SWPA001, SWPA004).
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. To provide an easy and accessible recruitment process, we are committed to offering reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need us to adjust our recruitment process or provide additional support, please declare your disability in the application form.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.