This position will report to the Regional Manager(s) within the Commercial team and will be based in Singapore.
- Provide assistance in reinsurance/retrocession statement of account data review and integrity checking. This will also include but not limited to communicating, discussing, and presenting review results with clients in various markets.
- Provide assistance in treaty experience study projects including but not limited to collating data, performing calculations and presenting analysis.
- Provide assistance on various projects (e.g. reinsurance quotations, catastrophe excess of loss, etc),
- Pursuing Degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Progressing towards attainment of fellowship with one of the international actuarial organizations is desired (would require some exemptions obtained during university or passed at least 1 actuarial exam)
- Prior internship experience is preferred
- Strong Excel (incl. VBA) is preferred
- Excellent technical and analytical skills, logical and concise in approach and demonstrate attention to detail
- A pragmatic approach to business pressure is essential
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Self-motivated and able to work within a team environment, outcome focused
As this is an internship position, we would require applicants to be already based in Singapore and have a valid permit to fulfil the internship.
Our business model is based on the combination of primary insurance and reinsurance under one roof. We take on risks worldwide of every type and complexity, and our experience, financial strength, efficiency and first-class service make us the first choice for all matters relating to risk. Our client relationships are built on trust and cooperation. If you would be interested in helping shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
Apply here: Application for Intern Actuarial (Life)
Other Positions with Munich Re: