MSIG, one of Asia's leading general insurance brand, is a member of the MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings Inc. and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co. Ltd., which has a credit rating of A+ Stable. With over 40,000 employees and presence in 48 countries and regions globally, the Group is amongst the world’s top non-life insurance groups based on gross revenue. Within Asia, MSIG is represented in all ASEAN markets as well as in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, China, Korea, India and Taiwan. It is the top non-life regional insurance provider in ASEAN based on gross written premiums.
Intern, Risk Management and Actuarial Services
This role sits in the Risk Management and Actuarial Services department and will support the provision of actuarial-related advice and services, and the development and implementation of a best practice enterprise risk management framework across our business units in Asia.
- Quarterly reserve reviews and report writing
- Regular portfolio monitoring
- Data analytics
- Stress testing
- Yearly business planning
- Pricing projects whenever required
- Work with business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities
- Identify, quantify, and manage insurance, investment and operational risks
- Develop and maintain quantitative risk management models
- Assist the business units with capital assessment and reinsurance optimisation
- Pursuing a degree (first class) in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or any other related quantitative fields
- Internship experience in actuarial, risk management and/or finance roles in the general insurance industry will be an advantage
- Detail oriented, excellent problem-solving skills; comfortable with learning new concepts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team and comfortable with meeting new people
- Highly motivated, committed, and goal oriented
- To apply, email your CV, (unofficial) transcript(s), internship availability period, and estimated graduation date to email@example.com.