PartnerRe is a leading global reinsurer that was established in 1993, in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew, to bring much-needed capacity to a market in crisis, helping insurers to provide continuity to their clients. Though we have evolved continuously throughout the years, our purpose remains the same: to help insurance companies succeed.
We are a global and culturally diverse team of more than 1,200 talented professionals spread across 15 office locations worldwide. Our size ensures that we are big enough to matter and be relevant to our clients and brokers, but small enough that you will quickly get to know all of the colleagues that you will be collaborating with. More importantly, PartnerRe is a company where you can make a real impact and get a true sense of the contribution you make to the company′s success and results.
Our culture is based on trust, responsibility, openness, and initiative, and we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible reinsurance solutions for our clients. We are always looking for bright, proactive people with expert knowledge skills, and integrity to join our international teams.
Intern, Valuation Life & Health
We are looking to hire an Actuarial Intern to join our growing Valuation team in Singapore, reporting to a Senior Valuation Actuary. In this role you will be responsible for a small number of topics. In more details your responsibilities may include:
- Conducting simple experience studies on inforce life and health treaties;
- Data and input preparation for the quarterly valuation of inforce business;
- Improving or setting up projection models for existing treaties (AXIS);
- Maintaining and developing valuation tools.
We are looking for an intern who seeks challenge and has a desire to learn about new products, markets and approaches. You wish to work in a dynamic and culturally diverse environment with colleagues possessing a wide and varied range of experiences. In addition, to be an ideal candidate you have the following background, skills and mindset:
- Student with an actuarial/statistical background.
- R, VBA, Access and SQL programming skills are an advantage.
- Microsoft Office experience, advanced Excel.
- Well-organized, proactive, creative and solution oriented.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex technical topics. to non-technical audiences.
- Highly motivated, openness for continuous improvement.
Location of Position: Singapore or Hong Kong
- Apply via this link