With Oversight of reserving assists and tracks regional Operating Entities (OEs) in implementing processes and practices that meet Group actuarial standards. Provides guidance and assistance to actuarial teams in the OEs and able to train junior actuaries. Analyses Group information. Develops pricing and reserving expertise within the region. Strong understanding of both reserving and pricing would be ideal. Participates in broader business activities, with the P&C Department, such as M&A activities, participating in RoRC and partnering with senior management.
- Chairs Regional Reserving Committee and responsible for reserve oversight. Reviews summaries of key reserving KPIs for regional companies such as assumed LRs, reserve ratios, IBNR/Case etc so as to understand current reserving position. Attends OEs’ reserve committees
- Reviews actuarial reserving reports. Follows business conditions, case estimation activity and local analyses so as to have an informed view as to the sufficiency of reserves.
Regional actuarial community
- Provides guidance and assistance to actuaries in P&C OEs and fosters a regional actuarial community.
- Member of Technical Committee, reviewing underwriting performance of OEs; analysing, reviewing and approving new product proposals, reinsurance programmes
- Advising on reinsurance structures and participation in negotiation of reinsurance costs
Compliance with standards
- Tracks the implementation of new actuarial standards and the compliance of OEs with local and AZ standards.
- Acts as a true business partner to the Regional Exco and local CEOs.
- With the Corporate Development Team, assists in analysing and valuing P&C M&A deals and Distribution deals. Review reserving levels and business plan assumptions of Mergers & Acquisition targets as part of acquisition activities in the region.
- Identifies and assists in developing actuarial talent with HR to strengthen the actuarial functions across the region.
- Provide assistant and support for planning processes where required.
- Variety of actuarial experience in P&C insurance, ideally in both reserving and pricing. Experience in areas such as consulting, and reinsurance would be of value.
- 13 - 15 years of working experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in reserving, and 3 years of experience in pricing.
- Experience in presenting results in a persuasive format.
- Degree in actuarial, statistics, mathematics, or related field.
- Full actuary qualifications (FCAS, FIA, FIAA or equivalent).
Apply here: Regional Chief Actuary, P&C, Asia Pacific