AIA Singapore has been serving the community since 1931. We help families live healthier, longer, better lives. We aim to make insurance easier for everyone – with quality financial advice and innovative products and services that serve their real needs. By helping them to be financially secure and journeying with them through their health and wellness, we aim to empower them to live life positively so they can be life confident.
AIA Group’s Vision is to be the pre-eminent life insurer in Asia-Pacific and we are committed to be Singapore’s pre-eminent life insurer, admired for our excellent service and best practices.
About the role
The role holder will liaise with internal stakeholders include Local Senior Management, Actuarial, Group Corporate Solutions and Corporate Solutions colleagues. External stakeholders are clients, intermediaries, reinsurers, medical providers and Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
- Supervise and reviews pricing and case underwriting in accordance to the company’s underwriting standards and in order to minimize excess risks, maximize profits and retention. This includes developing pricing strategy, review and monitoring profitability of portfolio in accordance to company’s best estimate assumptions.
- Product development and implementation in line with company’s product standards including, new group insurance products, affinity schemes and/or products enhancements available for sales, in order to be competitive in the market.
- Review company guidelines, product standards, policy contracts and pricing and product development processes to ensure they are updated and in line with best practices.
- Supervise reinsurance, pool administration, regulatory, industry reporting and medical provider administration to ensure timely and accurate reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Support medical provider management initiatives and reviews.
- Other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned in order to meet overall business strategic, financial and operational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Studies / Mathematics & Statistics
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Pricing and/or Product Development, preferably with at least 2 years of managerial experience. Experience in Health and / or Group Insurance may be an advantage.
- Certifications/licenses – Professional actuarial qualification from a recognized international actuarial body with good progress towards qualification.
- Special skills – Computer literacy and BI tools (including Ms Word, Ms Excel & Ms Powerpoint, MS Access, SQL, Oracle, Tableau), good analytical, problem solving and negotiation skill
Bring your Career Ambitions to Life at AIA!
Apply here: Section Head, Business Underwriting