MOH Holdings is the holding company of Singapore’s public healthcare entities including Alexandra Health System, Eastern Health Alliance, Jurong Health Services, National Healthcare Group, National University Health System and Singapore Health Services.
We aim to enhance the overall public healthcare system performance and unlock synergies and economies of scale across the entire sector through sectoral-level initiatives, addressing system-level gaps and ensuring overall system optimisation. Our strategic initiatives include the rollout of a national healthcare IT infrastructure to facilitate seamless delivery of care to Singaporeans across the nation, development of new healthcare infrastructure including tertiary hospitals, community hospitals, polyclinics and nursing homes to meet future healthcare needs, and management of the Ministry of Health’s scholarships that form a critical talent pipeline for the public healthcare sector.
With over 28,000 healthcare professionals, we work towards ensuring affordable and quality healthcare for the people of Singapore. Join us today and be part of a dynamic team that champions excellence in the healthcare sector.
This is a renewable contract position, contract duration is 2-3 years, depending on candidate's profile.
The Senior Health Policy Analyst will be part of the in-house actuarial team to
- work with MOH’s actuarial consultants to ensure the sustainability of our national insurance schemes,
- ensure appropriate care and cost management for these national insurance schemes; and
- support policy divisions with any policy analysis for new insurance schemes.
- Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance/accounting, or economics.
- Fellow with a recognised international actuarial body
- At least 5 to 7 years of actuarial experience, relevant experience in health insurance is an advantage
- Familiarity with stochastic modelling and experience with pricing and valuation modelling is an advantage
- Strong critical thinking abilities
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Excel and Stata
- Good writing and communication skills
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURS
- Good people skills to foster close partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and welcomes challenges
- Able to nurture and develop junior actuaries in the team and work as a team alongside them