In this exciting and fast-paced role you will be working across SCOR’s 4 growing APAC Macro Markets (China / North Asia / South Asia / ANZ) which cover 9 offices writing business in c.30 countries.
Supporting the Head of Actuarial APAC in the management of all divisional reserving activities for Life, you will have a high degree of responsibility and autonomy whilst undertaking and leading key projects within the team.
With a focus on IFRS, Solvency II, local statutory/solvency reporting and experience analysis, you will also be involved in supporting the IFRS17 programme, capital management initiatives (including liaising closely with Pricing teams on the capital implications of new deals) & in-force management.
You will help to ensure delivery, production, governance, and reserve adequacy, with a business mindset and collaborative approach to all peers and stakeholders. In addition, you will act as a key point of contact and expertise for when interacting with Divisional and Group teams.
Help support the Life Actuarial team to meet its goals to be:
A Purpose driven organization to deliver business growth and results stability to meet Scor’s financial promises
- Provide value adding insights to the business, including movements in IFRS and SII results, experience emergence, recommendations for management actions.
- Provide oversight of the quarterly closing process for the 4 macro markets in APAC, oversight of the best estimate assumptions and ad hoc reviews of the overall APAC IFRS reserves in order to give an assessment of their adequacy.
- Lead quarterly & annual analyses of the reserves of the macro-markets and products and of reports supporting conclusions. Support process of continuous improvement.
- Providing support in the implementation of IFRS17 across the 4 macro markets.
- Oversee the actuarial elements of the local solvency and capital projections for each of the entities in the region
- Help to lead the external audits and relationships with local auditors in relation to actuarial topics
- Support the standardisation and continuous improvement of reserving processes, analyses and controls across the macro markets.
Support the Head of Actuarial APAC in being the primary point of contact for the 4 Macro Markets when liaising with the SGL Divisional Finance teams and Group teams, and provide deep expertise in relation to financial performance in the 4 Macro Markets:
- Develop understanding of drivers of financial performance from the Macro Markets each quarter
- Support appropriate communication of actuarial issues to Divisional Finance teams in the context of earnings, capital, liquidity, etc.
- Develop understanding of FP&A processes and contribute to FP&A activity as required
- Work closely with the divisional reserving and actuarial function teams on all actuarial matters relating to reserving, economic value and experience analysis
- Collaboration with Macro Market actuarial teams in each of the markets to provide advice and governance to the actuarial reserves, and to ensure best practice of actuarial functions within the region
- Work closely with other teams within APAC, including Life finance, Pricing, Risk management, to share common knowledge, and common purpose
Required experience & competencies
- Qualified Actuary (FSA, FIA, or FIAA)
- Relevant experience in a life insurance/reinsurance business
- Deep experience of at least one of: IFRS4, IFRS17, Solvency II, experience analysis, or local statutory reporting in an APAC market (SG RBC2 is advantageous but not required)
- Experience of management - either small teams or individual projects
- Enjoys working at pace, in a close-knit team
- Demonstrates curiosity and enthusiasm for continuous improvement
- Proactive, organized and adept at stakeholder management
- Strong technical skill set
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creates a supportive environment – both when coaching junior members within the team and when guiding and supporting the macro market valuation teams, as well as working with other teams and colleagues
- Interest in career and skill development
- Able to provide effective challenge to senior managers
Apply here: Senior Valuation Actuary