AXA Insurance is part of the AXA group, a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 160,000 employees serving 108 million clients in 57 countries.
Present in Singapore since 1969, AXA Insurance has been serving the general and life insurance needs of individuals and companies in Singapore through a wide range of innovative products. As one of the top global insurers in Singapore, AXA Insurance protects more than a third of a million customers in Singapore. As a company whose business is about protecting people, AXA Insurance is committed to building a stronger and safer society by empowering customers to live better lives.
For more information, please visit www.axa.com.sg
WHAT WE OFFER
Discover a stimulating environment, based on excellence on a global scale. Are innovation and initiative important to you? Do you focus on solutions? Are you customer-orientated? We offer a wealth of career opportunities and a wide variety of positions in many fields. We want our employees to enjoy fulfilling careers and keep moving their careers in the right direction, whether at home or across the globe.
Our size and diversity of activities means our people have many opportunities to evolve, by moving roles cross-functionally or internationally, based on their performance and aspirations. At AXA, all work and no play isn’t our way. We’re creating the future with more inclusive, agile work environments. Speak to us to find out more.
Profitability in the Retail business is one of the core strategic priorities of AXA Singapore. Today Retail is about 50% of AXA Singapore’s General Insurance written premium. To remain competitive in this market, it is essential that we have strong technical pricing expertise.
The key responsibilities for this role would fall under 3 key categories:
- To prepare regular reports on the performance of all retail products this role includes maintaining, extracting, cleaning and processing data in Python.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly retail dashboards that give a good view of all key metrics to track the Retail portfolio.
- Technical Pricing: We are looking for a candidate with both strong analytical and communication skills who will:
- Support in pricing exercises for Motor or Lifestyle products, from data extraction, analysing the data, to modelling,
- Recommending a new price and ensuring implementation
- Improve sophistication of our pricing by increasing segmentation in the tariff
- Support in implementation of retention modelling, conversion modeling and price optimization
- Communication to all stakeholders like underwriting, claims and distribution
- Supporting in claims analytics: It is key to our retail profitability to have good overview and control on our expenses on claims. In claims analytics we analyse where we see potential actions to improve our claims costs and track if our actions have the impact we have planned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidates with up to 3 years of relevant working experience are welcome to apply.
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Data Science or Economics.
- Student progressing well with actuarial exams will be given preference.
- IT knowledge: MS Office with Excel VBA skills and strong programming skills in SAS and/or Python
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Motivated to learn good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong team player and influencing team / internal stakeholders positively
- Motivated to learn project management skills due to large number of parties involved and tight deadlines
Apply here: Specialist, Retail Pricing (20000AE0)